<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 13, 2005

so ready... 

...for the weekend.

This has been one of the longest weeks in the history of the universe. Seriously. If a scientist took all the weeks throughout history (or at least all of the historical weeks as measured by the Gregorian calendar which, okay, actually does count out pretty much all of the universe except Earth, but it's my blog and I'll twist scientific/chronological fact if I so choose) and lined them up next to each other, took carefully calibrated measurements of said weeks and performed strictly controlled (but still humane) experimentation on the hapless weeks, she would come to the incontrovertible conclusion that this week counts as one of the longest weeks in the history of the universe. Or, you know, she could just save all that trouble and ask me.

I don't know why. Hell, I wasn't even at work all week, because I wasn't feeling all that well on Tuesday (another reason I was in such an emotional mood - the whole thing with CuteNerdBoy was just a really depressing icing - which, okay, feeling better about that, but those issues are still hanging around - working on 'em, working on 'em...). But as each day, each hour, each minute crawled by on their soft white underbellies I swore that I would never see the end of the week because I was going to end up dying of old age and/or boredom.

I'm happy to report that I am neither dead nor appreciably older in appearance than I was at the start of the week. And I'm rediscovering a certain spring in my step that has been missing. Maybe it's just my brand new trampoline shoes. But more likely it's because I've got a nice little weekend planned (or mostly planned) and I'm looking forward to it.

From 10am to 3pm I will be in political meetings. I haven't been to any since the convention, so I'm chomping at the bit a little. I want to get going again! And after the meetings I'm going to have an honest-to-goodness first date. No, really! That strange gentleman that ValleyGirlRep picked up in a bar for me and I will be getting together for a late lunch. He might even be popping his head into the tail end of my final meeting of the day, as he's as liberal as I am and is curious about my meetings. We spoke on the phone for the first time Wednesday night and chatted about this and that for an hour and a half. Movies, music, politics, TV, cats, a wee bit of our backgrounds - we packed a lot into our conversation. A conversation which ended with him asking me out to lunch on Saturday. Because it seems we have a lot in common so far, which is very cool. And he thinks I have a great voice, which will always make me inclined to like a person a little more.

It is going to be a bit of a blind date, as neither of us knows what the other looks like - though he has a nice voice and ValleyGirlRep has assured me he's cute and has described him favorably and I think she told him I'm pretty - but I've done the blind date thing a few times before via online personals, so I'm somewhat experienced. And willing to take a chance. One never knows, right?

Then on Sunday I'm tentatively scheduled to help BSHubby put together a website, which I haven't done in a long time and I know I'm going to enjoy. I just need to find my Dreamweaver software to loan him, as he's been making noises of purchasing FrontPage and I hate FrontPage software. But building websites! Fun! Yea!

So, is it 5pm yet?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...