<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

any doubts... 

...I'm just a big ol' dork? File them away because the proof is out there.

Anyone who's been reading all the fun of the fair... for any length of time has noticed that one of the people I link to often is John Scalzi. His Whatever is full of fantastic stuff on a pretty regular basis and has been since before I first started reading in '98.

I may or may not have mentioned this before (and I'm too lazy to look it up right now), but truth of the matter is that reading the Whatever - which I discovered when I participated in a alt.society newsgroup once upon a year, not long before his daughter Athena was born - was the thing that led me to reading other online journals, which led me down the somewhat questionable path of journaling and blogging. So, for good or ill, a person could call John my online writing father. I hope the birth wasn't too painful for him.

Well, imagine my delight when a few days ago my Online Writing Daddy left a comment in the "Unhip" entry. Why, inwardly I squealed like a little school girl. Or a stuck pig. Not sure which.

It's kinda like being linked by Chuck and Steve, two writers whose online work I've read and admired for almost as long as I've been reading John's. (Though meeting them was even better.)

Yeah, I'm just a big dork. I'm pretty sure that's not a shock to anyone.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...