<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 08, 2007

channelling jimmy carter... 

Oh, not in the diplomatic way, or in the building homes for Habitat for Humanity way (though I've done some work with them in the past) or even in a lust in my heart sort of way (though, you know, I have many times since puberty).

No, much like the country over which Carter presided when he spoke of a crisis in confidence, I'm feeling malaise.

All day I've tired and achy, with a bit of crankiness thrown in. Bones are too heavy to move. Mucsles think atrophy would be just peachy, swearing that vice-grips hold them in one place. Eyelids threaten to close. Brain wants to shut off and roll under the covers. People completely annoy the crap out of me.

Some moments I'm almost okay, but then a wave of malaise hits me anew, and I just want to crawl under my desk and curl up, waiting for it to go away and hoping I'll feel better soon.

The timing is, of course, rotten, as I'll be going to Tucson this weekend with HSTeacher. Sunday BestFriend and her family are having a naming ceremony for her new baby girl and HSTeacher and I will be driving there and back. It'll be the first time we go on a trip together, so I'm excited. But I'm also feeling a little trepidation, as we'll be driving fourteen hours round-trip and I am not a fan of long drives. I hope my crankiness clears up by the time we head out of L.A., else I will not be a fun traveling companion.

Of course I have tons of things to do tonight, but I lack the energy to do them. I wish I could take tomorrow off, but I'll be out of the office on Monday thanks to my treadmill stress test, so taking tomorrow off as well wouldn't be a good thing.

Too much to do, as usual, and no time to get it all done.

Labels: , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...