<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 04, 2006

making it mine... 

At the beginning of November, when I was moved back to my current desk, BigBoss made a point of telling me, multiple times, to make this space my own. It was his way of telling me that I needn't worry about being displaced again any time soon.

It took me a while, but I finally started imbuing my desk with my own personality (one that is somewhat less precious than my predecessor).

Of course, there is the obligatory picture of my honey and me:



It looks far less blurry in person, but I really do need to print it on photo paper - it came out way too dark on plain paper, even with Photoshopping the contrast.


I didn't want to push pins through my precious pocket protectors, so I put them in a plastic sleeve. To protect them. Because I am the dorkiest person in all of DorkLand. Above them is a sticker for the WISE Project. Again, I didn't want to molest the sticker with push pins, but apparently it doesn't merit the protection of additional plastic.

But my desk actually likes things that are not of the geeky variety:




These were bought specially for my desk, as I like a little greenery to liven up the surface. I just hope I don't kill the bonsai.

And last, but not least, my most recent (and thus far, my favorite, aside from the HSTeacher/Carol picture) addition:



It's just a battery operated fountain I bought for $6, but I love it.

Proof that, as high maintenance as I am on occasion, it really doesn't take much to make me happy...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...