<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 11, 2006

expecting new electronics... 

...too bad I'm not excited about it.

Things have been going far too well in the World of Carol, so I've kinda been expecting the other shoe to drop any second. It seems like it just might have done so.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a clinic to have tests run on my heart and blood and the like. Everything tested normal, including my thyroid, so there should be nothing to worry about, right?

Not so much.

On Saturday there was a moment where I got into HSTeacher's waterbed and laid down, suddenly short of breath with some pressure in the chestal area. It lasted for a few minutes, but HSTeacher was sleeping at the time and I didn't want to wake him, and it went away. I started to think, however, that maybe I should go back to the doctor's, especially as I had I'd recently read that symptoms of heart disease in women are different than those in men and almost every symptom listed has been experienced by me. The only one that I haven't experienced were the cold sweats or clamminess, but I have had a few moments where I've been unusually cold. Then again, the weather has been cold as of late, so who knows.

Yesterday I had an episode of my usual symptoms: feeling a bit faint, heart palpitations, chest pressure, a little short of breath, inexplicably exhausted. I even experienced pain in my right arm, which was new for me. I was merely sitting down at the time, attending an impeachment town hall and not expending much energy. It subsided a bit, but the rest of the evening I felt off.

So this morning I went to another clinic in my network, one that is closer to home than the previous one and is actually on my way to work, so I could possibly get into work in the afternoon (which is where I am now). ECG, bloodwork, more fun tests, whee!

The upshot of the consultation? On Thursday I get to go to my local county hospital, which is affiliated with UCLA and, I believe, has a good cardiology department - I'm doing research on them now - and pick up a heart monitor. I don't know yet how long I'll have to wear it, but i hope it's not too long - I'm not supposed to shower while wearing it. I don't know about y'all, but I tend to get a little stinky if I go more than one day without showering.

And here is one example of the type of monitor I'll be wearing:


Pretty, no?

Okay, no.

Still, it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that I may have to wear it strapped across my chest with a shoulder strap:


Yep, that's how I'll look with my lovely new electronics. Except I expect to be wearing clothes over the monitor. And to look less masculine. Most likely I'll still have breasts.

I'll go back to the clinic on Monday for a follow-up. Oh joy.

I know I'm a bit of a gadget geek, but this? This is one gadget I could definitely do without.

Okay, damnit, who dropped that damned shoe?

Labels: , ,



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...