<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

dartin' in... 

...and out again.

Too tired to write properly, so two quick links:

* My premiere on The Membrane has been uploaded by the marvelous Mr. Amaya. Check it out - it's a great episode. I'm not just saying that, either. I think y'all will enjoy it. And if you can figure out which voice is mine, let me know and I'll tell you if you're right.

* As part of the Endorsement Committee for SoCal Grassroots, I've actually - for the first time ever, I'm sorry to say - read the details of the propositions I'll be voting for in a little over a week. Not that I haven't tried to read the voter guides put out by the Secretary of State in the past. I have. But the dense writing just messed with my delicate little mind. Now after serving on a committee with people who have been doing this sort of thing for years - decades even - I have a better understanding of the language involved.

All of this is a set-up to introduce you to the SoCal Grassroots Voter Guide. You may or may not agree with our recommendations, but I have to say, I'm pretty much in line with what we've come up with. None of it was rushed - our discussions were long, involved and, on occasion, heated. As were the discussions of the Coordinating Committee when the Endorsement Committee brought the consent calendar for acceptance.

There are a couple of recommendations that are surprising, especially for a progressive group such as ours, but they were arrived at with due thought and diligence.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...