<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

timing... 

It's all about the timing.

As y'all know, I'm going to be here at JPL until October, thanks to a bit of good timing.

Today I ran into one of my former JPL compatriots from my Professional Development days, who informed me that, though the last time we spoke - about three weeks ago - nothing was happening in PD, recently three positions opened up. He immediately thought of me.

Three. And while I can't exactly say that I'd have my pick of them, at least two of them would be ripe for me.

When we last spoke, I was only scheduled to work at JPL for two and half weeks, which he remembered. When I told him I was in my current assignment until October, his face fell.

"Oh. We can't wait that long."

Damned bad timing.

We talked some more and he suggested that I keep my eyes open - maybe one of the positions would still be open come October.

Let's see if the timing will work to my advantage again...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...