<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 28, 2006

bait and switch... 

There I was, checking one of my 359 email addresses (okay, I actually have nine that I check on a daily basis - ten, if you want to include work - no, I don't know why, but I assure you that each and every one has its own purpose). This particular email address is through Hotmail. I logged off and was presented with the MSN page, where I spied the following headline: The upside of being lazy.

Ooh, now there's a article I need to read! I thought. I am a fine lazy person. Frankly, I excel at being lazy. In reference to my own fluctuating energy levels, I am frequently reminded of a Sherlock Holmes quote: "I am the most incurably lazy devil that ever stood in shoe leather - that is, when the fit is on me, for I can be spry enough at times."

So opened up the article and what do I find? The Rewards of Relaxation: Why Slowing Down Is Healthy.

Relaxing is not being lazy. Slowing down is not being lazy. To wit:

Relaxation:
1 - abatement or relief from bodily or mental work, effort, application, etc.
2 - an activity or recreation that provides such relief; diversion; entertainment.

Lazy:
1. averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent.

I was promised one article and was presented with another. This may be cause for a lawsuit.

Nah, don't feel like it right now...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...