<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

you ain't seen nothin' yet! 

I regained a small portion of my reason recently and stepped down from one of the sub-committees I had been working on. I realized that there was no way I could continue to help planning the survey, though I promised to help out with the technical implementation, when the time comes. I have to admit, that's a bit of a weight off my shoulders.

Then again, the reason I don't have time to help plan the survey? Last week I accepted a part-time paid gig to help out with web/e-mail/tech stuff for a woman who is running for Congress against Jane Harman, as part of a team.

Yeah, I am done gone.

Thing is, the woman I'm helping out is really an incredible woman. I was already acquainted with her through MusicianMan and, when I found out that she was running for the House of Representatives, I knew it was a most perfect thing for her to be doing. I attended her campaign kickoff last week - after tagging along with MusicianMan and volunteering to help with the event - and, after speaking with her and her campaign staff, I was offered a job.

If anyone can beat an entrenched incumbent like Jane Harman in the primaries, it's this woman. She's only been in the race for about four weeks, is not a career politician and has an amazing array of endorsements by individuals, polictical personalities and organizations. People are falling over themselves to help her out. Including me.

Already I've put in a number of hours, which is exhausting, but cool. I'm still working the Irish newspaper job, where I helped with publicity for the L.A. Saint Patrick's Day Parade and actually sat on a fire truck in the parade as the rain drizzled steadily.

That's okay. It's not like I actually liked to sleep...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...