<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 21, 2005

a-traveling we go... 

Off to JournalCon 2005 this weekend, for what promises to be an interesting and fun time. I'll be sharing a room with Amanda of Precipice (not updated since the beginning of time - or at least 2002) and her friend Shawn. I hooked up with Shawn - who has graciously agreed to drive my sorry ass to San Diego, since she's also an Angeleno (by way of New Jersey) - through Amanda and Amanda through my darling Almost-Husband, Patrick. Unfortunately Patrick, who was going to share a room with the three of us (along with Boychik, who had to drop out due school and work craziness), had to turn around yesterday halfway to California and head back home due to family issues. My heart goes out to Patrick and his family - this has been such a tough year for them.

This means that I won't be meeting my Almost-Husband, which is very much a bummer, but this also means that I'll just have to figure a way to visit Boston, since I felt such a connection to the East Coast last month. If I must, I must. He's a great guy - almost makes me relax my whole rule about not falling for gay fellas. Oh well, I'll just keep this little straight girl crush that I've had on him since '98 or so.

I'll also be meeting up with a couple of people I haven't seen in a few years who live in San Diego, which will also be fun and interesting. I'll just have to report when I get back.

Some of you I'll be seeing in San Diego later today, which I'm looking forward to. The rest of y'all - catch ya when I'm back home on Sunday!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...