<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 24, 2005

goin' pro... 

I am so not motivated.

I have got a lot of SoCal Grassroots events to update on the group's online calendar, not to mention do something with this disaster of an apartment, and I am so not in the mood. Maybe it's post-weekend letdown, but all I wanna do today is sleep and watch TV. Which is pretty much what I've done, more or less.

Because I'm in that awkward period between my last paycheck and my first unemployment check and thusly have no money, I'll be unable to attend an event for Wesley Clark on Friday which the chair of SCG really wants me to attend, since I'm the resident webgal and one of the bloggers for the group.

Good news, though: I'll be stepping into the pro league as far as web design goes. Someone I'm acquainted with through another political group is running for Congress in 2006 and she's asked me to put together a site for her. As site construction and design fees go I won't be paid much, but it's my first foray into the pro world and it's for something I believe in, so I'm willing to give it a try for less than the going rate. I had to disabuse her of the notion that it would take 3-4 hours to design a site, but she's onboard still, which is good.

It ain't much, but it's a start.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...