<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 30, 2005

looking for an update or two... 

Update 1: BabySis did give birth on Wednesday to a beautiful baby girl. BSDaughter was born at 8 lbs, 20 inches just after 6pm. I saw them on Thursday and both mother and daughter are happy and healthy. Yea!

Update 2: starting Monday I will be working as a contractor (a fancy term for temp) at JPL. It's basically a secretarial/customer service position in a division that deals with education, but it's with freakin' JPL, which, as a long time science groupie (like, since I was a kid), I naturally find very exciting. And to top it all off, I'm going to get paid more than I've ever gotten before. Allow me to say, Woo and a hearty Hoo!

Even better, if the folks like me, it might turn into a permanent position. Now, if I am hired on permanently, that doesn't mean I'm not going to school in the fall. I'll just start with evening classes at Pasadena City College and see what I can work after that.

Excuse me while I do the Dance of Happy Happy Joy Joy.

*************************

In view of the above development, this is pretty cool news. As is this. A tenth planet in the solar system, the building blocks of the universe and accepting me as a contractor? This past week has truly been an auspicious one for science.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...