<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 19, 2005

quick note... 

I will be back on a more regular basis starting this coming week, but my time at the moment is rather limited, so just a quick snapshot of my life:

1) Enjoying my time off quite a bit. I've registered with a few employment places and will be meeting with a couple of people this week, but while there have been times where I've stare at my apartment and thought, "Uh, what do I do now?", I've been having fun.

2) This past week has been the Week of Politics. Communications Committee meeting last Sunday, anti-Arnold protest at Santa Monica College Tusday night, an anti-Hummer protest outside a Hummer dealership in the Valley yesteday, with the highlight: three days in Sacramento with MusicianMan and Mimi Kennedy (better known as Dharma's mom on Dharma and Greg) meeting with legislators and testifying at a state hearing regarding certifying electronic voting machines for use in California. I gotta tell ya, I never thought I'd end up testifying in front of a state panel and it was very nerve-wracking, but damned if it wasn't kinda exhilarating too. Ya know, I'd never thought it, but I'm discovering a real passion for this sort of thing. It's very surprising to me. BTW, Mimi Kennedy? I think I'm in love. MusicianMan told me she was a hell of a lady and damned if he wasn't right.

Anywho, I've got to be going, but I'll be back in a couple of days with details of the Sacramento trip. I met some incredible people while up there and have asked our host family if they would like to adopt me, they were so terrific.

Life is getting rather interesting...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...