<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 11, 2005

still alive... 

I'm still around and kicking. Just not on the blog, apparently. Tomorrow night I anticipate being home (though I'll be busy researching and preparing a presentation for the Strategy meeting on Sunday), so I'll take a few minutes to post about my first time experiences. As a poll worker this past Tuesday, that is. Interesting, it was indeed.

But while a slow election day was somewhat of the good for me, duty-learning-wise, I'm still disgusted at how low the voter turnout was. Approximately 28% of registered voters stopped by the polls. Twenty-eight percent. Granted, once upon a time I would have been amongst the 72% that didn't show up, but much like many reformed smokers, I'm probably going to be obnoxious about people who don't exercise the privilege of voting.

Anywho, I'm about to run off on a rant I don't have time for, so I'll just leave you with this:

You scored as paganism. Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

paganism

71%

agnosticism

71%

Buddhism

71%

Islam

63%

Hinduism

63%

atheism

42%

Satanism

42%

Judaism

33%

Christianity

17%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com


I doubt anyone is surprised, as paganism and Buddhism are the religions that resonate deepest with me. But I do think it's funny that I'm closer to being an atheist or a Satanist than I am to being a Christian (the faith in which I was sort of raised). All hail the mighty, most evil...wait, I don't believe in evil. Never mind...

(Actually I do believe evil exists, just not due to the influence of some guy in the netherworld who is Saddam's bitch.)

Tomorrow then!

Update - 3/13/05 12:19am: Still working on the election day post - it's taking longer than I anticipated and I'm also trying to work on my Strategy presentation and put together my "monologue" for my improv class. Maybe I shouldn't taken the time to do some much needed bra shopping on Saturday after all...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...