<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 26, 2005

the end of the world is nigh... 

...Doctor Bean and I agree on a political issue.

More specifically, the recent interpretation of the McCain-Feingold bill by the FEC which says that links on blogs to political candidate sites may be construed as contributions to said candidates, with possible fines to the owners of said blogs for expressing their freedom of speech.

I'm hoping that this is all being overblown, but when I think about it my gut just clenches up and I fear that it's not. Even if it never gets back to me, it's still an attempt to stifle free speech. I will never be for stifling free speech. It's what this country was built on. It's in the Constitution, for G-d's sake.

So I'm joining the The McCain-Feingold Insurrection and signing the Online Coalition petition. Because this, my friends, is a non-partisan issue if ever I've seen one.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...