<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

stroke of luck... 

Once again tragedy was narrowly missed by a stroke of luck, this time involving a member of my family.

Late last night my mom informed me that, as a rule, YoungerBro (the brother that has alienated most of the family) normally rides the MetroLink train that was involved in the horrible derailing yesterday. Through a quirk of fate, he was carpooling with a co-worker yesterday morning.

I know this isn't the only instance of, "There, but for the grace of something..." that has ever happened in the history of the world. Hell, it's not even the only time in the History of Carol and the People She Knows. But between ValleyGirlRep and YoungerBro, it's enough to make a person jittery.

While it's true that I have trouble believing or respecting anything my brother (or his soon-to-be ex-wife - there's serious drama going on there) say or do, I am very grateful his life wasn't endangered. When I was talking to Mom last night I felt short of breath and tingly of extremities. It scared me that I could have lost my baby brother. I am thankful that I didn't.

However, these close calls? I think it's time for them to stop.

No, really.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...