<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

she's home... 

...safe and sound.

I spoke with ValleyGirlRep today and oh what a tale she had to tell.

First of all, she had no idea that the friend who was watching her home and feeding her fish called my manager to let her know that ValleyGirlRep and her hubby were okay. My manager was the person who called everyone on my sales team to rest our troubled brows. So when I told ValleyGirlRep about her house sitter, she breathed a sigh of relief that we hadn't been tearing our hair out these last two weeks.

Second of all, she confirmed what I'd suspected: she and VGRHubby had been headed for the west side of Thailand. More specifically, Phi Phi Island. Even more specifically, a resort that had been completely wiped out by the tsunami. Thankfully they both decided to celebrate Christmas with their families, because had they decided to leave before Christmas instead of the day after Christmas, they might very well have been amongst the dead.

They heard some reports about an earthquake in Sri Lanka, but that was after they arrived at LAX. It wasn't until they reached Bangkok that they heard about the full extent of the damage. At that point, of course, they figured it would be best to head somewhere else, which is how they ended up on the east side of Thailand, as I previously reported.

I know that, no matter what, I would be saddened by the high number of lives lost due to the tsunami. Still, when it becomes personal, turns into an "almost", it hits just a bit harder.

I don't feel it's right to thank G-d, because it seems like something of the "better a stranger than a friend" mentality I hate so much. But I am thankful ValleyGirlRep and her hubby are home, safe and sound.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...