<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 31, 2005

salute to the iraqi people... 

They lined up to vote despite the danger, despite - or perhaps due to - a history of violent repression. The estimates currently show that over 57% of eligible Iraqi voters risked life and limb to have a say in the future of their country. Included in that number were women, finally allowed to have a voice.

I salute these brave people.

It's no secret that I have issues with the Bush administration, that basing our invasion of Iraq on faulty intelligence and outright lies doesn't sit well with me, not to mention a growing segment of the American population.

Still, there's no denying that history was in the making this past weekend in Iraq. That it's still in the making. I hope that this is truly a grand step for the future of Iraq.

And I have to tell both Jim and John Scalzi to get out of my head when writing about the Iraqi election, because they both wrote everything I've been thinking and feeling far more eloquently than I and were faster put fingers to keyboard.

Here's to the Iraqis. May this truly be the beginnings of a self-determining people and country.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...