<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

remiss-ing... 

As David has pointed out, I've been a bit remiss in my blogging duties. For that, I apologize. I've just been mentally and physically exhausted. I finally caught up on my long-missing sleep over the weekend, which was good because I had felt as if I'd been fighting off a cold for at least a week. Lovely as the resting was, I think it merely served to push the cold to the periphery rather than exterminating it, because once again I am tired and feel the tickle of the throat trying to creep back.

Part of me just wants to let the cold have at it. Get it out of the way so I can be relatively healthy in a few weeks. Because at the end of the month I'm flying to Tennessee - by way of Atlanta - and I definitely don't want to be sick on the plane. Or to miss out on this trip. Because even though it's work related, I'm actually looking forward to it.

But there is too much to do at work and at home for me to have the luxury of being ill. Plus there's even more family drama afoot, which is wearying even though it's not swirling around me.

Actually I was all ready to post a moody entry last night, full of Sturm und Drang. I was edgy, I was tired, I was in one of those PMS moods where the least little thing could have pushed me to either laughter or tears. And I came close to both throughout the day. But chatting online with TheFirst last night edged me from the brink of tears (which hit me when my stupid computer froze up during our chat) to laughter. So you may either thank him or blame him for the lack of an overwrought entry, shot through with hormones and wistfulness and, "Oh look, BookCrossing Meet-up Night and I'm not going yet again"-ness yet one more time.

Plus I know I have links that I promised to post, but I seemed to have lost the folder I saved them in at work and I didn't send them to myself at home.

On top of all of that was our monthly sales meeting at work today, which is always exhausting. Usually I support my reps from afar, but even though much of the day is spent sitting around a coffee table going over information, the times when we take "check messages" breaks are spent with five women wandering around the showroom with cell phones clasped to ears while I check my e-mail and voicemail, look at system information the reps might need, jot down down notes for work to catch up on after they leave, field information requests from the SisterCompany folks and just be an all-around Gal Friday for several people at the same moment.

Tiring for one day. Makes me glad I don't have to work like that daily.

I think I'm ready to nap again.

So I can't make any promises about a regular updating schedule right now. I will update when I have the energy. I'm sure it'll be at least once or twice a week, though. I don't see myself as being gone for any serious length of time.

I thank y'all for still coming back to check on my simple lil' blog. Consider yourselves group-hugged. And not in an icky new-agey way, either.

Okay, who just copped a feel?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...