<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 17, 2004

debate thoughts... 

Not too many, though. I finally sat down and watched the last three debates that I had on tape but hadn't yet watched. Hey, it's not like I could find the energy to do anything else. Not even writing. And even those viewings were punctuated with catnaps, because I'd lie on my sofa, watching the debates intently, then realize that I had no idea what the candidate was saying. So then I turned it off, napped for about 30 minutes, then turn it back on.

The hardest debate to get through? The vice presidential debate. I kept dozing through that one, but I made it through, nonetheless.

I think the toughest part of the debates for me was when I'd think, for one instant, "Hey, what Bush/Cheney said kinda made sense." Of course, I immediately remembered that neither would know the truth if it hit them in the back of the head with a clue-by-four, but those brief instances were mighty scary.

I don't know. There's just so much that was pounded on by both sides, and I took in so much of it in one sitting, that my brain is a bit mushed and coherent thoughts have gone the way of the dodo.

Obviously I haven't changed my mind. I'm still voting for Kerry. When he is elected President (keeping a postive outlook here) I'm not sure how he's going to keep - or pay for - all the promises he's making. I'm pretty sure he won't be able to, what with Congress and all having their say in the matter (as they should - checks and balances, baby). But if he at least makes the effort, proves that he is absolutely sincere about his promises, he'll already be ten times better than Bush.

There was one point that I threw somthing at the TV. During the town hall debate, when Bush was talking about Kerry voting against the partial birth abortion ban and the parental advising. Kerry gave two very good refutations to Bush's "It's so simple" spiel and Bush didn't even hear them. Bush's inability to even consider that Kerry may have been correct about allowing so-called partial birth abortions when the life of the mother is in danger or saying that advising parents of a teenager's abortion in instances where the girl has been raped by her father? I considered throwing something heavy at the TV, but opted instead for throwing a plastic bottle cap.

Please, please let us get Bush the hell out of office.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...