<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

nebraska update... 

I know it's been over a month, but I've updated The Life and Times of Nebraska.

Last week was the first writing group meeting in over a month, which is why there had been no further Nebraska updates. Because, you see, the story is only updated on writing group nights.

I hope you enjoy it!

*************************

So today I was supposed to see a podiatrist about my ankles. And I left work at 1:30pm to do so. One of his offices is located in Burbank, which isn't too far from where I live, but is over an hour bus ride from work. Not a big deal, I thought. At least it wasn't until my first bus ended up arriving at my second bus stop over ten minutes late and I had to wait an additional ten minutes for the next bus, which then let me off where the MTA site had told me to disembark.

Too bad that:

1) There was no doctor's office on that corner
2) I forgot to bring the doctor's phone number
3) My cell phone is completely dead (as in I have to find the receipt to exchange it because I've had it less than a year and it shouldn't be so very dead)
4) The corner at which I was standing had no payphones, which required me to walk a quarter of a mile to the next payphone
5) Which demanded $.75 to dial 411
6) Which I didn't have on me
7) I can't use my pre-paid calling card to call 411
8) I completely forgot about (Area Code) 555-1212 for directory assistance - at that point I was too tired and hot and frustrated to remember.

I was already horribly late to the appointment by that point, so I opted to go pay my gas bill and head home so that I could meet Sarriah for the writing group.

(I'll call them tomorrow to explain. I'll reschedule, but this time I think at his Century City office - I'm thinking that'll be less than an hour's bus ride from work.)

(BTW, we're down to from six people to three, with a semi-regular scheduled to appear next week. I'm actually rather sad about the size reduction - though I know we'll all continue to keep in touch, I feel as if I've lost a part of myself.)

And now my legs are more sore than they've been since I started having ankle problems. Actually my whole body is kinda achy, but that may have something to do with the fact that I've had a total of seven hours of sleep over the last two nights. I seem to be going through one of my "Not gonna go to sleep, don't wanna, don't wanna, DON'T WANNA!!!" phases. It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last.

But seeing as it's nearly 12:30am, maybe I'd better take myself to bed. Six hours sleep in one night? How luxurious!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...