<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

how much do you love me? 

Enough to throw a little violence my way? I certainly hope so.

Specifically, well-written books that feature meaningless violence.

See, after reading both Fight Club and A Clockwork Orange in recent months, I had an idea for an essay or article regarding the violence which is such an integral part to the books (nothing new under the sun, I'm sure, but I still want to write it). I would really like to read a third such book to give a bit more depth to the premise I'm considering, but with all the books out there, I don't even know where to start.

And that's where you come in. I would be ever so grateful if anyone could recommend a book to me. What I'd like encounter in this third book:

* Excellent writing
* Violence that is frank and/or graphic, important to the feel of the book
* And, ideally, a female protagonist who has been the victim/perpetrator of the violence
* Even more ideal - written by a woman (though certainly not necessary)

I guess I'm looking for the literary equivalent of Thelma and Louise. I already know to whom I want to submit the essay, I just have to get it written.

So please, any suggestions, please e-mail them to me or leave them in the comments. I'll let y'all know what I decide when I decide.

Thank you!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...