<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

existence? still existing... 

...which is quite the suprise to me.

Due to a constant state of emergency at work the last few days in regards to a furniture shipment, I wanted to be at work this morning by 7am, so that I could make phone calls to follow-up on the continually unfurling, thoroughly frustrating, give-me-a-pitcher-of-margaritas-and-a-whole-bunch-of-dirty-matinis-to-get-through-this-week-or-I-shall-weep-in-frustration-because-our-factory-and-the-trucking-company-all-suck shipment. As a result, I was out of bed by 5:15am.

That's not too strange. Though it's not a ritual of mine, I've certainly been up that early - on occasion, even earlier.

No, what is truly shocking is that I actually went to bed at 10pm last night. And I was asleep within 30 minutes. I actually got about seven hours of sleep on a weeknight.

If y'all hear little implosions in your neighborhoods, it's because the universe couldn't handle me being responsible about getting enough sleep and is folding in on itself.

Then again, I ended up not actually arriving at work until 7:40am, which is still over forty-five minutes early, but not as early as I planned. So maybe that's why the world hasn't gone kaput.

************************

So. I've been wearing skirts and high heels at work. Nothing unusual. I do that all the time. This week I've actually worn flats to/from work and changed into the heels at my desk, so I haven't worn the high heels (which tend to have pretty sturdy heels - no spiked heels for this girl) for hours on end. But I still like the look of the just-above-the-knee-length skirts and 3" heels.

(Don't worry, I tend to wear tops as well. Trying to avoid indecent exposure charges, doncha know. Besides, I work in West Hollywood. The boys there tend not to care about exposed breasts.)

Yesterday, as I was about to leave the showroom (kinda late - I hung out for a little while), I looked down at my shoes and noticed that my feet looked kinda puffy. I've been having a "big feet" week - due to the heat causing them to swell, I think - and most of my shoes have been a little snug. But last night my feet - and ankles - were more swollen than usual. And my left ankle was swollen to the point of looking deformed.

"Well, that's just freakish," I thought, and I wondered how it could be so swollen without hurting like hell.

I got home about an hour later, slapped on the ice pack, and sat for a few minutes with my legs elevated. I also made sure that I slept with my feet elevated. They're much better today, though the left ankle still looks unhappy about something.

I'm thinking I might have slightly injured something during my ten mile run and it's only now flaring up after several days of wearing heels. So today I'm wearing jeans and sneakers and I'll just stay off my feet tonight. I just don't want to give up my training tomorrow morning - I'll see how I feel then. It's just so strange that all I'm feeling is a bit of a twinge, and I didn't start feeling that until after I noticed my elephant ankles.

What a way to start a three-day weekend!

Speaking of which, a most joyous Labor Day Weekend to my American readers and a fantastic weekend all around to everyone!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...