<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 23, 2004

anywhere but here... 

This is one of those days when I just don't want to be at work.

(Yes, I can hear you asking, "And that's different from other days...how?")

It's not that I don't want to be at CommercialFurnitureCompany specifically, I just want to be elsewhere. Preferably sitting under a tree with book in hand, fruit-infused water resting beside me and music filling the air, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin and the gentle kiss of the breeze in my hair.

As I've mentioned before, I have an ever-growing stack of over 30 books waiting to be read. I think about those, and all the books on my mental list - The DaVinci Code, Lovely Bones, Lord of the Flies, Just a Geek, Dancing Barefoot, Fever Pitch and so, so many others I can't bring to mind right now - that I actually start panicking. Sometimes my brain will whirl, my heart will skip a beat or three and my breath will catch in my throat.

I know those books will always be there for me to read when I get around to it, but I'm also always coming across new (to me) books that sound interesting and adding those to the list. I'm afraid I'll never get to read every book I want and I'll miss out on something extraordinary, so if I stop working and spend all my waking hours reading, I'll get that much closer to my goal.

If only that damned pesky eating and keeping a roof over my head and taking care of my cats and, well, living didn't get in the damned way...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...