<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

jesus wept... 

...I'm tired.

I just got back from a full weekend helping BabySis, BSHubby and BSSon move into their new apartment. Basically I trained yesterday morning, had a quick lunch, bussed two hours out to their place and helped with the loading and unloading and uppacking and putting away while Mom kept an eye (and tried to entertain) BSSon.

We got back to Mom's place at about 4am, I crashed on her couch, woke up at 9:30am, washed the clothes I wore yesterday because I didn't feel like lugging a change of clothes on the bus, was proselytized by her neighbor to accept Jesus Christ into my life (a nice enough woman, but oh, is she lucky that A] she's my mom's neighbor and B] she's in her eighties - I bit back a response that would have been sure to offend her sensibilities - I absolutely despise, with every fiber of my body, being proselytized), had breakfast with BabySis and family and Mom, helped with shopping, helped with more unpacking, then was driven home.

It was great to see BabySis so excited about their new apartment. The first time she and BSSon have ever lived without grandparents and aunts and uncles about. And their first home as a brand new married family.

There have been a lot of changes for them in the last month or so, with the wedding and friends visiting from the East Coast, then going back home and BabySis' in-laws (with whom she and BSSon were living since the whole thing with my dad went down nearly two years ago) moving to Florida and now their new apartment. I hope they get a chance to relax for a little while and enjoy time as a family. They more than deserve it.

And it was good to hang out with my mom. I don't do so often enough and it's nearly always good when I do. It helps to get me out of my head for a little while, something I don't feel I do often enough.

But now? Now it is time for some quality sleeping.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...