<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

i love the way you quiz me... 

The Musketeer
Category IV - The Musketeer
You have a small, highly edited social group, and you like it that way.
What Type of Social Entity are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


I guess that's sort of right, although it doesn't feel like that's the case to me. I mean, it's not like I'm standing guard at the friendship door, turning people away ("No, no, no, yes, you may enter, no, you've got to be kidding!") I love meeting new people, and am always a little disappointed when someone cool that I meet ends up, for whatever reason, not being more than an occasional acquaintance.

Still, I admit that I'm very picky about who I call "friend". Maybe that comes from moving so often, and being shy as a girl - it was difficult for me maintain friendships of any kind. So "friend" has become a special, rather loaded word for me and I use it sparingly, which I think confuses some of my friends. For instance, if we're not close and I don't see someone on a fairly regular basis, then that person is an acquaintance. If we're not close but I see someone pretty regularly, then that person is a, well, I guess he/she is a friend. But I have some friends who I very rarely see, but with whom I stay in contact, and I think of them as dear friends. And I know they feel the same about me, because they tell me so.

I don't know. It's all about how I feel in my gut. And though some people may call themselves my friend, or feel they're closer to me than I am to them, if I don't feel that way I can't, in good conscience, call them a close friend. Not that I'll tell them so. Because that just seems mean.

I have to say, the group of close friends that I have are some of the best friends a person could hope to have. And I wouldn't trade any of them for all the tea in China.

(Though maybe all the tea in Holland... What? That's some damned fine tea!)



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...