<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 12, 2004

how very odd... 

I'm doing it again.

I'm staying at work late. And I'm not even working.

I don't know why I do this, but for some reason I'm sitting at work, futzing around on the computer, which I can certainly do in the comfort of my own home. But I'm not. I've done this before, back when I worked at Lions Gate. And even when I worked at Disney, though never as late as this.

Why? Well, partially because I start reading a website, or playing an online game, thinking, "Oh, I'll leave in half an hour," and I totally lose track of the time.

But also, I think, because I'm just not all that eager to go home to an empty apartment. I do like to spend time with my cats, and I do that most of the time these days. But sometimes I really just don't want to be home alone. With my money situation tight (for only a little while longer), my social calendar is rather empty these days - hard to believe, after the busy January through April I had this year - and, well, home isn't where I feel like being right now. So instead I sit alone in a locked showroom.

Hey, I never said I was logical.

I think I'm just going through a wee bit of a depression right now, fueled by hormones and mixed emotions. I'll be okay, but it ain't easy. On top of that, I'm rethinking the new furniture in my apartment. Though all three pieces were comfortable enough for the few minutes I tested them while in the showroom, they are too firm to truly relax upon (I still have to give the sofa/loveseat/whatever the sleep test). Who wants to lie down on cushions that don't really give? Not me.

Anyway, it's getting late and I still have to bus on home, so I think I'll wrap it up here. And go to sleep as soon as I get home, because I'm exhausted - waking up at 4am due to feminine cramping really is no fun at all.

Oh yeah. Girly TMI. Sorry!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...