<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

dilemma... 

"Carol, would you like a sofa and lounge chair?"

My ears perked up. The regional SisterCompany VP, whose office is in our showroom, motioned to a sofa and lounge chair (with matching ottoman) that had been delivered to the showroom a couple of days before. It would seem that these samples, which were constructed specifically for a high level hotel client, were actually useless to the VP, as the sofa cushions have a gap between them and the faux leather on the chair is mis-stapled. Not perfect, therefore not acceptable to show. And here they were, being offered to me for free.

Thinking back on my $20 yard sale sofa, it was pretty much a no-brainer. I mean, the fabric on the sofa is actually pretty hideous, but it's nothing that a slipcover can't cure. And the faux leather of the chair and ottoman is dark green, which would go perfectly with my living room decor. Both pieces are well-made and brand new.

Slight problem: how to get it from West Hollywood to my place in the eastern San Fernando Valley? The VP wants them out by Monday. Thoughts went to several friends who have vehicles that might be big enough, but they're either out of town or very busy this weekend or I'm taking a self-imposed break from them (the occasional joke e-mail from both of us doesn't count, does it?). I suppose I could rent a small truck, maybe a U-Haul pick-up, and recruit a couple of friends to help with the lifting, but I have no idea how to get it from the 2nd floor of my work building to the street level without using the freight elevator and the freight elevator would be shut down during the hours that my friends would be available to help move. Somehow I just don't see us carrying a 6' couch down a couple of sets of escalators.

What to do, what to do...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...