<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

confession... 

I can't believe I'm doing this, admitting such a personal thing to y'all. I've trusted you, my dear, wonderful readers, with so many of my innermost thoughts and feelings, but this may be too much to bear, even for you. It may very well affect the way you look at me. And any little bit of respect you may have for me might dissipate into the night sky.

But I can't keep it inside any longer. It gnaws at my soul, screaming to be released.

I-- Well, I--

*deep breath*

IlikeWildWildWest.

I said, "IlikeWildWildWest."

Fine. I'll shout it if you like.

I. Like. Wild. Wild. West!

There. Ya happy? Jeez Louise!

Look. I know it's a bad movie. I knew it was a bad movie when I first saw it. Overwrought, disjointed, splashy style just for the sake of splashy style, negligible characters - even the main characters - no respect for the source material. It, as a movie, sucked big hairy balls.

But.

Whenever it's on TV, like it was last night (I turned it off, but only because of my poor lil' head), I have to stop and watch. No, I don't know why. Except, maybe, the presence of Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh. Branagh is obviously having a ball with the character of Dr. Arliss Loveless, chewing every piece of scenery that isn't nailed down, possibly even cracking his teeth on the spider before he realized it was metal and CGI. Normally I cringe at such overacting, but I don't mind it so much here. And I've always adored Kevin Kline, so it's no surprise I love him here, even when he sometimes looks a bit displeased to be in the movie.

There's no logic, no rhyme or reason for my enjoyment of Wild Wild West. It just is and I've decided to go along for the ride and nothing anyone can say can change my mind. So there.

Then again, though I've only seen it once, I kinda liked The Avengers.

What? Oh, leave me alone!

*sob*



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...