<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

truly affecting… 

On Saturday, before Sarriah stopped by to do me a huge favor by driving me to David’s Bridals to buy the shoes for BabySis’ wedding and have them look at the zipper on my bridesmaid dress (turns out a simple $10 strap alteration will actually fix most of my issues with the dress – who’da thunk?), I was watching a little TV. The show was VH1’s All Access: Celebrity Weddings 2004. I had been flipping through the channels, saw Melissa Etheridge, and stopped for a while, because I had always liked her.

Now, we all know I’ve become a soft touch in my approaching middle-age. As the years pass I become more and more like my mother in that regard. But when Melissa’s commitment ceremony to Tammy Lynn Michaels in Malibu was shown, and they said, "I do,"with so much love and emotion, tears started flowing because it really was very beautiful. I’m tearing up just writing about it.

And I have to ask myself again, "How does their commitment to one another endanger all heterosexual marriages? And what the fuck is wrong with people?"



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...