<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 26, 2004

bzzzzz... 

Sorry I haven't posted since Thursday (make that early Friday morning), but it's been crazy busy. I'll try to post details later, but suffice it to say that it was a great weekend. Terrific rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday, an incredibly beautiful wedding on Saturday, wherein your erstwhile narrator nearly cried on several occasions, including in front of all of the guests and wedding party as I made my toast to the happy couple at the very fun reception (naturally we closed down the country club, with my mom and siblings and their SOs/children - and myself, of course - taking at least 1 1/2 hours to say good-bye - BestFriend and I got back to my place around 2am) and a lovely bridal shower on Sunday. With BestFriend visiting from Saturday through this morning - putting up with my occasional freak-out (Ohmig-d, I'm never going to have time to have my nails done! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Wait, that rental car clock is an hour fast? Thank heavens! *collapse in relief*) and seeing BFParents for the first time in at least five years, it was a wonderful weekend.

Especially when they told me several times how terrific I look and the wedding photographer told me that I'm very beautiful and took more than a few photos of me (though he was good about taking pictures of others). And I danced. Oy, did I dance. I think I danced more than anyone else there. I barely got tired and the combination of alcohol and adrenaline assure that I felt no foot pain until the very end of the evening, where upon I put on my "Chicks Rule" flip-flops before going home.

(My G-d, BabySis was gorgeous. She was so happy and so radiant. She was perfect. Despite a few little things here and there, the entire day was perfect. And she, BSSon and BSFinancé, er, I mean, BSHubby are such a lovely family. I think I'm gonna cry just thinking about it.)

(Oh, back to the dancing - something I forgot to mention about Thursday night: I finally learned how to do the time step. From CuteNerdBoy. It's actually pretty easy and there's no reason on earth that I should have had such a hard time learning it. Except that, though I'm a very good dancer, I suck at following someone else's choreography. But he was patient. And he told me that it took three hours for him to learn it from Debbie Allen, so I feel a little better. Though I definitely need to practice for it to look smooth. Anyway, that has nothing to do with the weekend - I just thought it was a fun dance fact. Moving on...)

Not much sleeping was had, and I'm more than a little tired. I don't think the yummy lunch I just had with GrüvLoungeGoth at Newsroom is helping to keep me awake. We'll see if drinking this can of Coke on my desk will help.

Now I'm deciding if buying haircolor at 4:30 am on Saturday morning after two hours of sleep is a good thing. I ended up getting something darker than I was going for - actually darker than my hair has ever been, including its natural dark brown - so normally I'd say no, but I've gotten nothing but compliments. So perhaps being half asleep is the way to pick out haircolor from now on. I was going to just let my original color grow out, but even with my fast growing hair that could take the better part of a year and I just didn't want to wait. I was going to try to match it, or go slightly darker, but that didn't happen.

Anyway, back to work I go, though I really don't want to. Hope y'all had as good a weekend as I did!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...