<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

your burning questions... 

...probably need an ointment.

There may not have been a plethora of questions asked, but they were still doozies:

Pratts Bottom (hmmm, real name? Probably not.) asks excellent questions that may require essay answers. Then again, even if they didn't, I'd probably write essay answers, longwinded person that I am:

1) Do you ever feel self-conscious about all that you reveal here, or wonder if a bit of mystery might not be in order, especially considering that your friends (including CuteNerdBoy) read your blog?

I do sometimes feel self-conscious about how open I tend to be, and wonder if maybe I'm revealing too much. But I also look at this 'blog as a (rather public) record of my life at this time. So I just write what goes through my mind. The whole mystery thing, while I can see the appeal, just doesn't feel natural to me. Especially since I used to be horribly introverted and rarely revealed anything about myself to friends and family. I just don't want to go back to being that person. She was actually pretty boring. And was more than a little dorky-looking. (Though she cleaned up nicely.)

I do have a notebook that is more private, where I write about things that I don't intend on divulging to the world at large. Believe it or not, there are a few things I don't divulge. Shocking, I know.

And because I'm so open, everything I've written here are things that my friends (including CuteNerdBoy) already know. Or could certainly guess about me, based on their current knowledge. So I doubt there are very many surprises.

2) Do you want to be a professional writer, and if so, do you have a plan for making that happen?

Actually, I do want to be a professional writer. As for a plan, I'm working on that now. I'd like to start small, get some literary or small magazines under my belt, and I've started marking up my Writer's Market 2004 to see where I can send some of my smaller pieces. Recently I've shown my cow story to a few people and gotten some wonderful feedback - and welcome constructive criticism - which actually surprised me a bit and started me thinking that I should submit it to a children's magazine, which I've never really considered before. As a result, I've highlighted a few possibilites in the above mentioned Writer's Market. It's exciting.

3) Do you think that progress in the world is best decided by panels of government experts who may or may not be able to decide on the one best way forward, or by letting enterprising individuals and corporations have the freedom to research, develop, and pioneer products and services that provide a better life for us all?

Wow. What a question. I'm not entirely sure what to say, except to say that, like in most areas of life, I think the answer is a combination of the two. I would much prefer to put my trust in enterprising companies and indivduals, but from what I've seen, a fair number of those companies and individuals care less about a better life for us all and more about the bottom line - screw the citizens. Which is where I think government should come into play.

I admit, my politics are inherently progressive, with a fair amount of libertarian thrown in. Needless to say, I frequently confuse myself. And if I've managed to answer this question with any clarity, I'm both surprised and pleased.

And now onto Big Toe, another name I suspect is not entirely real. But I know who he is, and I did say I'd answer any questions, so I suppose I shall honor my promise:

I'm gonna be naughty and make you blush...

1) When was the last time you indulged in a little self-lovin'?


Before the question was asked or after? Before: Tuesday night. After: Thursday night. I thought about it last night, but I was really tired and fell asleep.

2) Spit, swallow or teetotaler?

I've done all three, but I lean towards teetotaler. But for physical reasons, not because I find it distasteful.

3) Have you ever called out the wrong name while in "flagrante delicto"?

Nope. I have had the wrong name run through my mind a couple of times, but I've always called out the right name. I'm considerate that way.

Thanks for your questions!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...