<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

quiet week... 

This will be a nice week, I think. Unlike last week, I have nothing planned except for the writing group on Tuesday night. Not that I'd turn down a friend if she or he came up with something to do, but it is nice to have a quiet week ahead. Hell, I don't even have anything planned for Memorial Day weekend. Which is also okay, since this weekend has been tiring, with ModelGirl's baby shower yesterday and the Renaissance Pleasure Faire today.

(Oh, how my nipples were struggling to escape from my favored bodice - I kept them tamed, but cleavage, huzzah!! I also ran into the costumed Summer'85Boy and the non-costumed PythonMan there, which was cool. It's a good thing I'd already seen The Feathered Codpiece of Summer'85Boy at his Halloween party - elsewise I daresay I would have been slightly shocked.)

I mean, it's been a lot of fun, but restful is nice too. Though I think I would definitely be amenable to a day trip somewhere.

To make things a little busier I actually took work home this weekend. Not something I would normally do, but there was a quick PowerPoint presentation that had to be finished by the end of the workday tomorrow and I knew I would not be able to complete it and get feedback from the VP by 5pm on Monday. Plus, to be honest, I didn't work quite as hard on Friday as perhaps I should have. So there's a bit of guilt involved.

Unfortunately, I'm also discovering that, not only would I probably make an excellent sales person, I'd probably make a darned good marketing person too. Case in point:
Based on a finely tuned ergonomic form, the [chair name] back rotates upon a pivot point when the individual leans back, creating a responsive flex to the user’s movement – a simple weight-responsive design. This quality stacking seating system – the recipient of multiple design awards - is available in polypropylene and upholstered versions as either a side or arm chair. Options for the [chair name] include gangers, tablet arm, book rack and glides.
The above description was taken from the cutsheet, with extensive reworking by myself to punch up the features of the product, yet fit the description in a very limited space.

Now, I'm not saying I knocked out seven such PowerPoint slides in a matter of minutes, but I think 1 1/2 hours isn't all that much time to spend on something like this.

Thing is, I've always suspected that I would be good at sales and/or marketing. It's a little unsettling to discover my instincts were on target in those resepcts.

Oy.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...