<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

gentle sadness... 

I can't stop.

I can't stop listening.

I can't stop listening to this song.

It arrived in my e-mail this morning from a mailing list that I belong to, a mailing list that has gifted me with several musical gems. It wasn't until I checked my e-mail tonight, after writing group and coffee/conversation with Sarriah and updating the 'blog that I opened the e-mail, downloaded the song, and set it to play while I stepped lightly, sprightly, amongst my usual internet haunts. After Fruit Tree finished I played it again. And again. And yet again. Finally I put it on repeat, sat and listened to the music and the lyrics, read the sad story of Nick Drake's life in the e-mail. I know I am probably one of the last people to "discover" him, but still I am finding myself in love due to this one song.

I'm still listening to the mature voice of the then-19 year old artist, melancholic and beautiful, heart-wrenching arrangements of guitar and violins and - I think - woodwinds perfectly complementing the deeply gentle loneliness of the lyrics, of the voice.

I feel I may never stop listening...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...