<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

wha-? 

It's been an...interesting week. Apparently my pheromones are in overdrive.

Last Monday I was propositioned by a cute 24 year old boy via Match.com. On Friday, after a long dinner and coffee with Sarriah and Boychik in West Hollywood, Sarriah and I checked out a bar not far from her place in West L.A. because neither of us wanted to go home, we were both in the mood for one alcoholic drink and Boychik didn't want to drive too far from his West Hollywood apartment.

We found a table, she went off to the restroom and almost immediately I was joined by a guy. Not bad looking, but very drunk, more than a little dorky and with tiny little discolored Chiclet teeth. Since I'm not familiar with being in a position having to reject men, he ended up buying both Sarriah and I a drink and sat with us until last call, asking me to dance at one time. He was actually a good dancer, but that's as far as it went. He did ask for my number, which I gave him, because I was curious as to what he'd be like sober, but I haven't heard from him. I can't say I'm all that disappointed.

Saturday night Sarriah met me at my place and we walked to a bar nearby, where we were going to meet MidWestRoommate and her friend, who was visiting for a few days from MidWestRoommate's hometown. They arrived as the band started, very loud and trying to be very punk. MWRFriend apologized, but the bar was way too loud - would it be okay if we went somewhere else?

No problem, said the rest of us. As we left, the guy manning the door - with whom I became slightly acquainted because I had to leave a couple of times to get money and to serve as landmark for MidWestRoommate and MWRFriend - took my hand.

"Are you coming back tonight?" he asked earnestly.

"Um, I doubt it. I'm leaving with my friends."

"You should come back tonight."

"I don't think I can."

"Well then, come back another time."

Uh, ok.

Then tonight, after a solo dinner at the Newsroom Cafe (where the host winked at me as he sat me facing the entire room), I stopped off at Coffee Bean for a small mocha. As I drank and wrote, someone walked up to my table. I looked up and there stood a man.

"May I buy you another coffee?" he asked in a slightly accented voice.

Nice looking enough, and he seemed okay, but no spark on my side. Besides, I was sort of in the mood to finish my coffee and short story and head home. I really was not in a chatty mood.

I very politely turned him down, citing needing to leave soon and to finish up my story ("Are you a writer? What do you write?" he asked), but I thanked him nonetheless. He went on his way, I quickly finished my story - I was almost done anyway - and headed home.

It's nice to know the pheromones are working overtime. I just wish they would work on someone that I would honestly be attracted to.

Soon. They'll work in my favor soon. I will accept nothing less from them.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...