<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

update... 

Because I know y'all have been on pins and needles, I thought I should let you know: I finally received my Stephen Lynch CDs. You can breathe a sigh of relief.

Here's the thing: I already knew that he's a sick lil' puppy. I know that he likes to push the envelope of good taste, then leap over the envelope, stomp on it with grimy football cleats full of turf in the spikes, tear it up and use it as kindling for a big ol' questionable humor bonfire. I still thought he was funny because it's okay when absolutely nothing is sacred. Kinda like South Park.

Then I listened to the CDs. Still fucking funny, to be sure, but damn, he's written some interesting stuff. There are a few that I don't find funny at all, but some of his songs have me laughing my ass off and thinking, "Oh man, I so should not be laughing at this. It is all levels of wrong."

The fun part? Listening to it on my Discman. On the bus. And trying so hard not to fall off my seat. Turns out I'm very good at stifling hysterical laughter, even if tears do end up running down my cheeks and I tilt my head downward so that my hair will cover my face.

Stupid live version of Superhero.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...