<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 17, 2004

get on with my big bad ol' self... 

Despite my love of vampires and Terry Gilliam and freaky dark things and my penchant of wearing a hell of a lot of black, I'm not the most morbid of people. I don't like to contemplate death. I know that it's a part of life, the final part of life, but I don't like to seriously think about it for more than a few minutes at a time. Maybe that comes from having my older sister die thanks to a drunk driver when I was seven. Hell, I couldn't even read or write or think about words like "death" or "dead" for many years afterwards. And I refused to wear black at all until I was about 13 or 14, where I finally let one black skirt and one black pair of pants into my wardrobe.

As a result, I've avoided going to The Death Clock site. I mean, what if it said I was going to die in five years? While knowing it's just a bit of coding, I also knew it would depress me. Besides, I've always said that I'm too ornery and stubborn to die anyway, and I fully intend on living until I'm at least 120 years old. The women in my family tend to live until their 80s and 90s, so by the time I'm that age, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that I could extend past that. Again, see above comment re: "ornery and stubborn".

Well, I finally checked it out today. Don't know why, but I did. Guess what? According to that little bit of programming, barring accidents, I'm not going to die until Saturday, September 4, 2066! I'll reach 100 years old! And that's with it calculating my current BMI (which, I'm sorry, but BMI is the biggest crock of shit - there are so many factors it doesn't take into consideration). I think it's my optimistic nature that tipped the scales in my favor. Whee!

Ya know, taking that info into consideration, and knowing that I'll freaking fight until the end, 120 may not be so far-fetched after all.

It's a good thing my nature isn't a sadistic one. Else my death day would be Wednesday, July 7, 2004 . Yikes!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...