<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 13, 2004

There it goes... 

Nearly another week has passed since my last entry. It's amazing how seven days can both fly and crawl simultaneously. I thought that was against the laws of physics.

So my time spent at the CommercialFurnitureCompany (hereafter known as CFC) is continuing apace. The woman for whom I'm covering went on maternity leave a few days early when her little baby boy decided that Wednesday would have been the perfect day to greet the world. And since babies aren't really clear on the whole "real world timing" thing, he pretty much did what he wanted and his mommy didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. But they're both doing well, she looked great the next day when NewYorkWriter (who got me the job at CFC) and I stopped by to visit and her little boy is just too cute and calm for words.

So as of Wednesday I was officially on my own. That day wasn't so bad. A lot of phones, most of which I was able to handle fine. Thursday and Friday were the testing days - a team meeting on Thursday meant all three regional sales reps and the VP were in the showroom. There is precious little desk space there, so there were a few times when we took breaks that we were all sort of working around each other. It was pretty hectic. And Friday I spent catching up with stuff I was unable to do on Thursday due to the meeting. Crazy times, I tell ya. I'm completely wiped by the time I get home each night.

Luckily I seem to be doing a pretty good job for someone who's never worked in furniture, has limited assistant/sales rep experience and received less than a week and a half of training, because all four reps keep telling me what a great job I'm doing and how much they appreciate me just jumping in and getting things done. I figure, I don't really have much choice, so why not? For once, I'm not actually dreading the work. It's been a long time since I experienced that, and that was when I was working as an audience page and TV extra. I must say, it's a refreshing feeling. And one of the reps for CFC's sister company, which shares space with CFC, is tall and cute and friendly and funny. And a screenwriter too. I know I'm not his type whatsoever, so I'm not even going to go there, but I've certainly got some very nice eye candy on the days he's in the office, which is most of the week. The other SisterCFC rep is also male, not really my type as he's much older, but he's a good guy and has a great voice that I enjoy listening to. Hey, I've got ear candy too!

(All of my reps are women - fabulously neat women, granted - so having a little testosterone around is pretty cool.)

What else is happening in the World of Carol? Not all that much, really. Boychik invited me to a live taping of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me at CalTech on Thursday, which was a lot of fun. I think I've heard the show a couple of times while tooling about with Sarriah in her car, but I'm not sure. The panelists were terrific, especially Paula Poundstone and *sigh* Mo Rocca, with Jon Favreau very amusing as the special celebrity guest.

Tonight I'm going to a joint birthday bash for Summer'85Boy and PythonMan, as their birthdays are only a day apart. That promises to be a lot of fun. I kinda hope it's not quite as crowded as their last two parties that I attended, but I know it'll be great regardless. And tomorrow I'm attending a reading of a play written by a former co-worker of mine (he still works at Lions Gate, poor fella).

Nothing further has happened on the Mom front. I think it's pretty likely that we'll end up as roomies, but neither one of us can afford to move now, so it's going to take a little time to save up money. But she's all for it, as I knew she would be.

And things with CuteNerdBoy? Why, status quo, of course! Would they be anything else? I was feeling a little down about it all yesterday for various reasons, but extensive walking in my fabulous neighborhood on this gorgeously bright sunny day helped to dispel that mood, stirring my creative juices as I bopped into shops and restaurants I'd never really bopped into before.

(I was going to go visit Mom this morning, but between waking up too late, my first bus never showing up and the party tonight, I ended up not going. I'll definitely be visiting her next weekend.)

Not a bad week. Good things and slightly off things. Pretty much the way of my world these days. You know what? That's okay. Because that's what happens with life.

I just hope it won't be another week before I write. I'll try my best, 'k?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...