<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

So... 

...I been thinkin' --

(Oh, pipe down, you in the peanut gallery.)

I've got all these emotions in regards to CuteNerdBoy bouncing and jouncing around in my head and heart. While they're certainly very real and very present, it's also possible that my recent bout with PMS combined with the proximity to Valentine's Day has brought them forth more prominently than they'd been for a little while.

But my thoughts have also been turning to LiterateLawyerGuy. I wonder how he's doing, if life has calmed down for him at all, if he's managed to shake loose the flu that had been dogging him, off and on, for over a month. Maybe I didn't allow my feelings for him to develop too deeply, in an effort to protect my recently shaken heart (not to mention the fact we really only saw each other twice in the two months or so that we were getting to know each other), but he's still in my thoughts, still under my skin a bit, and I realize that I miss him. And that I'd like to hear from him.

I suppose I could be the person to make the first contact, but when we last communicated he mentioned that he would call me and there's a big part of me that wants him to make that call or send that e-mail. Granted, that part of me is the proud part. And the proud part is, perhaps, a little too big for its own britches. But I've spent so much of my life being the first person to make contact after not hearing from people for a while that, frankly, I'm a little tired of it.

I don't know. Maybe after the pressure of Valentine's Day is over I'll shoot LiterateLawyerGuy an e-mail, just a little note to say hi and see how he's doing. If he responds, great. I'd really like that. If not, then I'll wish him well and just try not to worry about him.

After that, I'll teach myself how to rein in my CuteNerdBoy feelings. That shouldn't take too long, right?

Right?

Bueller? Any one?

I wonder if UCLA Extension has a class for that...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...