<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

Musical interlude... 

In this dream of life and death
I know so much I will forget
I know your body and your breath
I know your rhythm and your touch
I want you here
I want so much
I fear too much

Far too human to let go
I fight the river and the flow
I fight the love and the fear
I do not want to leave you here
In one body you appear
In this dream

I dream
And I still want so much
To touch the inside

I dream
And I still want to stay
Inside this dream with you

Now I know
That every dream begins with you
And ends in time
Now I know
That maybe I am too alive

If I could speak in tongues of flame
I'd burn forever with your name
And take it with me through all time
I would remember who you are
In every life I'd touch your heart
In every dream

I dream
And I still want so much
To touch the inside

I dream
And I still want to stay
Inside this dream with you ...

One Dream by October Project (from Falling Farther In)



Hauntingly beautiful with an almost poppy beat, the words and melodies and harmonies twine and meld within and around one another. Upon every hearing this song rips me apart anew.

Perhaps that's the reason that I can't listen to the CD I have that has this song very often. I listen to the lyrics and all I can do is imagine the emotions of the friend that introduced me to this band's music. It kills me to do so. I remember going through similar feelings once upon a time, back in the dark ages of 1997, and maybe again, just a little, more recently. All of these thoughts and emotions fuse together in my heart, cracking it open a little more, aching for my friend and for myself.

The CD in question has many more songs that help the pain to blossom. I love the music with every part of myself, but it hurts too much to hear. Maybe I am too alive.

And, so it would seem, is my friend.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...