<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

BTW... 

...never did go clubbing on Valentine's Day, which was fine with me. FFDWG(FKaSarah) suggested I meet her at Amoeba Records, since it was closer to my place than her apartment, she needed to pick up a couple of things and MidWestRoommate's friend NavyGuy was up from San Diego for the weekend, crashing at their place, and he had never experienced the wonder of Amoeba. He and I separately and jointly concluded that FFDWG(FKaSarah) was evil for such a suggestion.

"But you don't have to buy anything," she'd chant. I know I rolled my eyes at her and I suspect NavyGuy did too. He ended up dropping nearly $80 there, while I was able to escape only $35 lighter in the bank account, purchasing four CDs (which I will not list, as I'm aware that several recipients of my mix CDs occasionally read this 'blog and I want them to be surprised should any of the songs from the CDs make their ways onto a future mix CD - which, rest assured, they will).

And FFDWG(FKaSarah) was able to purchase only one item, The Bourne Identity DVD. The movie was one of the DVDs we watched at her place that night, later to be joined by another friend of hers. At the Denny's in Westwood late Thursday night, to where we repaired after the Uptown Rulers' gig, FFDWG(FKaSarah) and MidWestRoommate had been trying to convince me that Matt Damon was actually hot in this movie. I refused to believe it, as I think he's just really funny-looking. And, as a rule, blonds do nothing for me, whereas FFDWG(FKaSarah) tends to like them. At least more than I do.

"Carol," said she, "I don't usually like him much, but there's something about him in this film." So I sat and watched and concluded that Matt Damon is still rather funny-looking. Not a bad actor, but nothing special, in my estimation. I did like Franka Potente, though. She's an interesting actress to watch. And I was very happy that Chris Cooper and Brian Cox were in the movie. I've liked both of them for a long time.

At the end of the film FFDWG(FKaSarah) agreed that she wasn't feeling the Damon love this time. Next up - Sweet Home Alabama, another movie she rather liked. As for myself: zzzzzzzzz. Just not my kind of film. Though this time I had to agree that the lead actor, Josh Lucas, was quite the cutie, despite his blond hair. See, I'm flexible. I may have to see more of his films.

(Addendum: turns out I've seen at least two of his films: The Weight of Water, which I remember pretty well but didn't remember him - I don't think that's his fault, though - the movie was a bit ethereal; and The Hulk - for that I plead distraction [see end of entry].)

After that was finished I crashed on their couch. Sunday was spent getting coffee with FFDWG(FKaSarah) and kicking back at home, trying to chase away this annoying little cold, with a couple of minor things done around the apartment. And Monday? Laundry (which was an unexpected zoo - who knew so many people would opt to go to the laundromat on President's Day?) and resting.

Oh, and finally installing and playing Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic, which I've had forever but have never played, since it locked up my old computer. Funny thing, I love these kinds of games, can get swept up in them for hours, but I'm so bad and impatient at them that I go to the hints book long before I probably should. Still managed to stay up until nearly 3am playing it, though. And I have a long way yet to go, which is driving me crazy. This is why I don't play games very often.

Still, a quiet weekend, all told. Probably just what I needed.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...