<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Too cool... 

How much do I love this? An incredible amount. Even in my Grinchiest moments, I have to smile.

Know what else makes me smile? The Christmas Eve Caroling Truck that runs by my home every Christmas Eve. I've lived in my area for just over ten years and nearly every year I've enjoyed the Caroling truck, even if it's just for a few minutes.

To quote the literature, it's a "forty-five foot tractor-trailer, adorned with magnificent Christmas scenes and thousands of sparkling lights, [it] has been spreading Yuletide cheer in the neighboring communities. Over 200 singers and dancers, accompanied by a 6,000 watt sound system, serenade local residents with Christmas carols."

It's unbelievably hokey and corny and I love every minute of it. If I'm home (and I usually am), I'll stand on the sidewalk outside my building, candle in hand if it's not raining (unlike today) and wave at the carollers as they pass by. It has Santa Claus on it! I've even been known to follow it through the streets with other members of my neighborhood, singing along and smiling like a big ol' corny idiot. And that's okay. Because sometimes I am a big ol' corny idiot. I don't care who knows it. (Though I'm sure that doesn't come as much of a shock to any of my regular readers.)

I don't think I'll have time to post tomorrow, so I just want to wish everyone that stops by the happiest of Christmas Eves, the merriest of Christmases and the most fabulous of Hanukkahs. May every holiday celebrated this season (including Kwanzaa and the Winter Solistice and any others I might be omitting) be bright and merry and full of light and love for all of y'all.

(Damn, who's the perky little elf that crawled up my ass? Oh well, I guess I'll let her stay for a little while. She's better than that grumpy, gloomy troll that had taken residence there for a few days. And a hell of a lot smaller too.)




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...