<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 27, 2003

Schmoopy goodness... 

M. Giant has posted a story full of schmoopy holiday goodness. Check it out.

****************************************


In keeping with the cat-watching tradition, I'm also spending several nights at ModelGirl and MGHubby's apartment. I usually sleep in their bed, but the bedroom has been particularly cold this year, so I decided to follow their lead and sleep on the futon chair in the living room (which contains the only heat source in the apartment, aside from the stove/oven in the kitchen - the living room, I mean, not the futon). I wondered how the two of them could possibly sleep on the futon, as it is the most uncomfortable futon in all the land.

I then remembered that their bed is also pretty uncomfortable and I am totally the Princess from The Princess and the Pea, so the mystery was less mysterious. Instead I moved to the sofa, as I have many times over the years, and slept the sleep of the rested. Then I awoke, medicated a cat, and moved the rental car so it wouldn't be ticketed. Next after posting this entry? Feeding the cats and cleaning out their litter boxes. All while still in the plaid flannel pj pants and heavy sweatshirt and socks that I drove over in last night so that I wouldn't have to bring a change of clothes. Then I'll go over to FFDWG(FKaSarah)'s and feed and spend time with her cat. Then back to my own home to do the same with my cats.

Don't tell me I don't lead a glamorous life.

****************************************


And here is where I sigh. The communication problems between LiterateLawyerGuy and I continue. We've not spoken or even IM'd in a few days. Christmas Eve morning I sent him an e-mail telling him how I missed him. While I was out and about wit ModelGirl he called the cell phone I'm currently carrying, but I didn't hear it ring in the store. So he left a brief message on the cell phone, saying he was going to try my home, where he left a longer, lovely message. His voice, which I miss hearing so much, told me that he loved my e-mail, that he was sweet on me, and that he foresaw an engaging dating relationship with me in the new year. And he wished me happy holidays.

Please tell me the two of us will be able to speak to each other soon! Maybe even - dare I hope - see each other before the new year?

At least I was able to talk to CuteNerdBoy on Christmas Eve a little bit. That was very nice. Of course I'm not at all jealous that he'll be spending New Years Eve in New Orleans. Nope, not jealous at all. Oh, that green tint suffusing my cheeks, spreading over my neck and creeping down my chest? That's not envy. It's...uh...it's...hmmm... It's just...a bad omelet from yesterday? Yeah, that's it.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...