<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Oh, yeah, gifts... 

It's official. The holiday season is upon us. I've started my Christmas shopping.

I happen to be the queen of last minute holiday shopping. Or birthday gift shopping. Or anniversary gift shopping. Pretty much if there's a gift to be bought, I will buy it at the last possible second. Along with the card and wrapping. Then I'll sign the card and wrap the present in the car before entering the abode where said gift and card will be given. As a result I was the first person in my family to embrace the wonder and ease of gift bags. Oh, the family totally made fun of me at first, until they realized how positively brilliant I am. Now they also love gift bags. Who's laughing now, huh? Though I will admit that for the holidays I will usually take the time to use wrapping paper and tape and ribbons. I'm actually pretty good at wrapping gifts when I give is a shot.

Aside from the holidays, it's been a rare time when I've actually bought gifts more than a day before they were to be presented. It doesn't help that I happen to have a knack for picking out gifts loved by one and all (as far as I know). I don't know how I manage it, but I do. Not that I'm perfect, as there have been a couple of gifts here and there that were almost right, but not quite. Still, my track record is pretty good. And when a person tends to do pretty well in picking out welcome gifts at the last possible second, chances are she's not going to change her procrastinating ways.

Thanks to ModelGirl and her driving, I picked up gifts for four people today. Well, one of the gifts isn't quite complete, but I'm sure I'll get the rest of it tomorrow. Along with the other three or four gifts I've still got to buy. My heart is stopping at the very thought of spending more money, but I'm also pretty good at getting deals, so it won't be as horrendous as it could be.

ModelGirl and I also had a yummy brunch at Swingers in Santa Monica and basically hung out for the better part of the day, which we used to do all the time but hadn't done in far too many months. It was great and I was almost surprised at how much I missed our Sundays of brunch and shopping. Almost.

Then, once I got home, I was pleased to get a message on my machine from LiterateLawyerGuy. I had missed him by a mere twenty minutes, which was a bit of a bummer, but it caused me to further snap out of my funky mood from Saturday. As did the rainy morning turning into a beautiful sunny day after all.

I'm just a silly girl sometimes. But if the result of my mind never shutting up for a second is the occasional blue mood, well, I guess I'll just have to take it. 'Cause I like having an active mind.

Most of the time, anyway.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...