<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Tra la la... 

Just came back from a somewhat spontaneous dinner and movie with CuteNerdBoy which, perhaps not surprisingly, I suggested. It was very nice.

See, it all started when the Mustang started making some strange noises. NeighborGuy listened to them and proclaimed that the suspension was rapidly going bad and, if I continued to drive the car, the suspension could snap. As you might guess, not really a good thing. So yesterday and today I rented a car. I asked for a economy car but they didn't have any so I ended up with a Chevy Malibu. Hardly my dream car (and it's pretty damned big besides), but driving something that doesn't terrify me every time I take it down the street? A very good thing.

Last night, as I was driving home from the writing group meeting, I took Sepulveda, which has a stretch that's big and wide and curvy. It's a stretch that's tremendous fun to drive. And I had so much fun. Okay, the car could handle the curves better, hug the road and allow me to fly down the street at 45-50 mph, like my Saturn did, but it was still a great time.

So this morning I decided that I wanted to drive someone in the car. And I wanted to go see a movie. Okay, I also wanted to see CuteNerdBoy, but the car was a luxurious silver icing on that oh-so-delicious cake. So I dashed off a rather peppy, bouncy e-mail before I left for work, suggesting we do a movie and dinner and I would meet him in his neck of the woods. And if we needed to go somewhere that required me to drive him? So much the better.

In the afternoon, after getting back from a quick late lunch I received his answer. "Okay, Mario Andretti, you're on." Cool.

We agreed to meet at 7pm at a theater in Encino, which is about halfway between his place and mine. The Singing Detective was playing at 7:15pm. Doubly cool.

I left work a little later than I anticipated and got caught in rush hour traffic, which meant I showed up at the theater just after 7:15. Thank heavens for previews!

I liked the movie well enough, more than CuteNerdBoy did. Unlike me, he was not only very familiar with the miniseries and book, he loved them both. So the movie, which attempted to cram too much into its limited time, didn't compare well. It was still a very enjoyable evening, with dinner at a very nearby Chilis that we walked to. I never did drive him, though.

The toughest part about the evening was keeping my hands off the boy. I have a tough enough time as it is, but there was a fair amount of sex in the movie, both stylized and realistic. It kinda got my motor revved. The occasional brushing of arms and legs certainly didn't help matters. Nor did the fact that there were a number of instances when the images that I was seeing in front of my eyes were not necessarily the images that were flickering onscreen. I doubt I need to elaborate. *ragged sigh*

And during dinner? More scenes in my mind's eye. I was certainly able to concentrate on our conversations, but at times it was a little difficult. Once again I wondered if he was feeling it too. I can't imagine that he was immune to it, but one never knows.

I'm sure that once we settle into whatever our friendship is going to be everything will be easier to handle. Maybe.

Even if it isn't, I'll be cool with it. Because hanging out with him and experiencing those fabulous hugs and simple little peck-kisses? So very worth it. Especially those hugs. He takes me in his arms and I sink into the hug and it's so very hard to let go.

[...]

[...]

Okay, I'm back.

My G-d, the man can hug.

********************


In other news, signing back up to Match.com has proved enlightening. I've gotten a few e-mails and winks from guys, most of whom, again, just don't appeal to me. But one guy seems like he could be interesting, and we've exchanged a couple of e-mails, so it's nice to know there's another fella out there that has potential. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. Maybe enjoy being single again. It's been a while since I've had fun with the whole "single girl" thing I've got going and the Halloween party certainly helped to revive it.

I've got some worries and concerns going on in my life right now, like most everyone else, but it's nice to feel my confidence growing stronger again. I think I'm going to be okay.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...