<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Please, sir... 

...may I have some more?

Fuck that. Asking all nice and polite ain't gonna cut it this time.

More! I want more! And if I don't get it I'm going stomp my feet and scream and hold my breath until I turn blue and fling myself on the floor and throw the biggest hissyfit you've ever seen until I get more. I don't care if I have to do it for days or months or even years. And when I have to sleep and eat and take care of bodily functions I'll play a tape of me screeching for more like a very, very peeved-off banshee. I may even get all Veruca Salt about it (but hopefully without falling down a chute of some sort).

I just finished reading The Princess Bride.

It took me a little longer than usual to finish because I'm no longer taking the bus (thanks to the bus mechanics strike, at which I'm really getting annoyed), which was my primary reading period. So I lost a bit of momentum about 2/3 into the book. But I reared up strong again in the last few days, flew through the finish line and am now looking around, wondering what happened to the rest of the book. Because there is no way on G-d's green earth that there cannot be more.

Just completing The Princess Bride would have been reason enough to be saddened. Heaven knows there are a few things at the end which make you scratch your head and want to know more. But the edition that I'm reading (no, I've been reading - I have to be honest with myself here) ends with the first chapter of Buttercup's Baby, which, apparently, is all Goldman was allowed to abridge. There are so many questions left unanswered and I don't know how to deal with them, with nowhere to turn for answers, for satisfaction.

I've come to the conclusion that William Goldman is just evil. There's no other explanation. And I'll probably end up searching out his other novels.

The manipulative fiend.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go off to the corner and suck my thumb while I gather my strengh for my upcoming hissyfit-a-thon.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...