<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Outta practice... 

I've been making lasagna for about four years, but until Sunday I'd always made vegan lasagna (which is actually really good, the recipe being one I threw together as an experiment). Sunday was the first time I'd ever made lasagna with cheese. It turned out really well, as I may have mentioned. In gathering the ingredients I knew I would be obliged to buy cheese. What I didn't know was that cheesy lasagna also required one egg. Because the vegan lasagna? Not so much. Luckily I read a few recipes before I went shopping.

So, for the first time in six years, I bought eggs. A six pack of organic free range eggs, of course. After my foray into cheesy lasagna making (did I happen to mention it turned out well? I did? Oh, okay.) I was left with five eggs. Because that's what the math left me with. See, my thirteen years of schooling, from kindergarten to one year of community college, were useful after all.

So what does one do with five eggs? Make hard boiled eggs, of course. I put some water on to boil, then gently dropped an egg into the rolling water. It hit the bottom of the pan and cracked, the egg white oozing out of the shell before cooking into a curdled looking white.

Granted, it's been quite a few years since I'd boiled eggs, but I didn't remember that ever happening before. So I Googled "hard boiled eggs". That's right, I had to search for a recipe for hard boiled eggs. Something I learned to cook when I was a kid.

For some reason that strikes me as slightly pathetic. But it's kind of funny too. Still, if this egg turns out well (it's cooking as I type) I'll be perfectly okay with my patheticness.

(Is that even a word?)

I'm glad I'm not looking to cook chicken anytime soon. Or ever. Because that could be pretty scary.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...