<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Musical interlude... 


If I gave you the sky
if I laid down my life
would you believe me then?

If I promised to change
if I carried the blame
would you believe me then?

could you see it like me
and believe what I see
could you listen, and remember that I love you
Only,
because I told you, because I told you so.

If you told me you lied
but I stayed true and tried
would you believe me then?

And if your beauty was gone
but my love lingered on
would you believe me then?

Could you see it like me
and believe what I see
could you listen and remember that I love you
Only,
because I told you, because I told you so.

You take the wheel for now
I'm too tired to drive this one home anyhow,
for now

And when you mention my name
let this one thing remain,
my love,
believe me now.

Because I Told You So by Jonatha Brooke (from 10 Cent Wings)

I've completely fallen in love with Jonatha Brooke's music. And this song is one of my favorites. Granted, it's hard to decide, what with New Dress , How Deep is Your Love? and Crumbs sitting so close to my heart, filling it with joy and sadness and wonderful rhythms.

But this is the one currently playing in an endless loop in my head and soul. Musically and lyrically simple, it's also enormously powerful. It swims around my hopelessly romantic mind, through my too-tender heart, reminding me of the times I've felt just like this.

G-d, how I love music.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...