<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Let the pouting commence... 

...but first, a link:

Do you like pretty pictures? Do you like pretty landscape photos? If you do, go to this page and "Ooh" and "Aah" at all the lovely colors and wonderful composition. The photographer is the brother of a friend of mine and is pretty darned talented.

And if you don't like pretty landscape photos? You should be committed to an institution post-haste. That's just crazy talk.

***********************************************


When I first read the headline for this article, I danced a happy little jig. I mean, Keanu Reeves? Possibly leaving show biz? It's a banner day indeed. Considering that he has less acting talent than a loaf of day old bread, I was most pleased to watch the door hit him on the way out.

(I'll admit, though, that I liked him in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and I didn't hate him in the Matrix movies - which is saying something - but on the whole he should never step near a camera or stage. Not that I have strong feelings about him or anything.)

Still, when I read the rest of the story, I grew saddened. I feel for him and his sister and I hope she goes into a long remission very soon.

Though I still stand by my belief that he should never act, ever again. Hell, even David Boreanaz improved over the last six years. His acting no longer makes me cringe, as it did when I first watched Welcome to the Hellmouth.

(When I see bad acting, I feel physical pain. I kid you not.)

I can't say the same for Keanu.

***********************************************


Why am I pouting, you may ask? Because, after four years at our company, BossGuy is leaving. He told me on Monday that he submitted his two week notice and his last day will be on October 16th. I'm just flabbergasted.

Well, that's not entirely true. He and I have spoken at length about both of us leaving our company, as we're both rather unhappy with changes that have been made over the last year. And I had a feeling he would be gone by the end of the year.

Despite this, when he told me his news as we descended the back stairs Monday evening, I stopped, my jaw dropped to the ground and I leaned forward far enough that BossGuy was afraid I was about to fall down the stairs.

I'm of mixed feelings, naturally. I'm very happy for him, glad he's making a break from a situation that has only worsened over the last few years for a company that will pay him more and will not require insane amounts of overtime just to keep our section of the department afloat. The man is ten years younger than me and I really don't want to see him get old before his time. Besides, it would be so great if he worked someplace that appreciated his dedication and hard work, instead of threatening to cut back on an understaffed section as the workload increases.

On the other hand, BossGuy was instrumental in shaping my section as the company changed hands and grew during his tenure. He's one of those guys that everyone goes to for answers. He's sweet and personable and deserves a medal, not just for everything he's put up with, but for dealing with me during a time when I wasn't the best employee (I'm better, but it's still a struggle). And he's been a great buffer between the rest of the section and his idiot boss (there's a story and a half about that guy - maybe some other time when I'm in the mood to raise my blood pressure). When BossGuy leaves and they bring in someone new to replace him (as they no doubt will - I think my one of my co-workers would do a great job in the position, but there are doubts that The Powers That Be will invite her to take over), the section will suffer. Maybe that's pessimistic of me, but it's just a feeling that I have.

And, while I know we'll muddle through somehow, it's going to be very tough for a month or so.

Still, I wish BossGuy all the best. He really deserves it. And we are friends, so I know we won't lose touch. The next few weeks will be just a little weird, that's all.

And then, as true realization hits, the terror will set in.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...