<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 31, 2003

Further Adventures in Mustang... 

And the fun continues.

First of all, FFDWG(FKaSarah) and I went to see The Dark Side of the Rainbow and left soon after Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Tin Man met up with the Cowardly Lion. Why? Because the people running the show decided that Pink Floyd was lacking a little something and proceeded to "enhance" the album with all sorts of extraneous noises. Yeah, that worked well. I know the music, but I've never sat and listened to The Dark Side of the Moon all the way through (which caused FFDWG(FKaSarah) to doubt the wisdom of remaining my friend - yet another instance of "Look, Carol's growing extra heads!" when I mention a lack in my cultural background). Still, even I could tell something was off. My first clue about what we were in for? The guy at the front of the multi-purpose room with a guitar in his lap. Yikes.

And the two women who decided to hold a conversation during the majority of the movie didn't help the evening. I could hear them over the loud music, across the aisle. I wasn't close at all. Which means they were talking pretty loudly. I mean, I know the dialogue has been muted, but I'd still like to hear the damn music, such as it is. I will never understand people who see movies in public and insist on acting as if it were their own damn living room.

Then there was the guy who ran out about five minutes before we left, screaming, "This is freaking me out!" Both FFDWG(FKaSarah) and I have our doubts that he was really freaking out, especially since she informed me that, as he sat down a few rows behind us he said something along the lines of, "Whoa, how psychedelic!" He just impressed us both as being a total smart-ass, and not in the good, fun way.

(I'm a big fan of smart-assery, but one has to know how to wield it without being obnoxious. It's an art form which FreakingBoy has not yet mastered.)

It's a good thing we didn't pay for the movie. I think I'd love to try it without all the other crap. Maybe it just works best in someone's basement or living room.

Then we decided that maybe we needed to go to an auto supply store before it closed. The Mustang is lacking windshield wiper blades, which isn't normally a problem in Southern California. Today wasn't a normal Southern California day. It's been raining since about 6:30pm. Unfortunately, when I asked for everyone to pray for rain, I meant for the fire-ravaged areas. The Westside? Not so much needing the rain.

So I purchased the refills and we drove back to the Mustang parked in the lot at work. FFDWG(FKaSarah) went inside the building to check her e-mail and see if there was any pizza left from the Halloween pizza party while I struggled with the blade. After far too long I managed to get the thing (mostly) on the driver's side wiper. Then I discovered that the passenger's side wiper was broken. As in it came off in my hand when I picked it up. I'm just really glad it wasn't the driver's side.

By the time I was done I was soaked to the skin, having not brought a coat or umbrella with me today since the skies were so beautiful and blue when I left the apartment this morning. I'm very glad that part of my costume (which I'm still wearing) is a heavy material that covers my chest, because the blouse underneath it is a thin gauzy cotton blouse. Were it not for the heavy top, I'd be giving anyone I came across quite the show. Though I'm sure men wouldn't mind.

So now I'm sitting in the office that FFDWG(FKaSarah) shares with another person and two other desks, using another computer while she answers some e-mail and I warm up and dry off. We've listened to the un-"enhanced" version of The Dark Side of the Moon. As I let the music wash over me, I wondered what sort of drugs the other guys were on to think that the original album wasn't good enough or didn't hold up thirty years later. Idiots.

So, am I jinxing myself I ask what, pray tell, will tomorrow hold? Probably. Cross your fingers for me!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...